our privacy and we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy and personal information when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and this Policy outlines how we treat your personal data after it has been collected by any of our channels, which includes our website.
What information will we collect?
In operating our website we may collect and process all or some of the following data about you:
- Names and contact/address details including telephone number and email address;
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
From time to time some of the information which we collect may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
How will we collect this information?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it, for example:
- When you purchase a service from us;
- When you subscribe to any newsletter which we may offer from time to time;
- When you register an account with us;
- When you speak to our customer services team;
What will we do with it?
- We will use your name, address and payment details to complete your purchase with us.
- We will also use your details to manage your arrangements, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
- We may have to disclose your information to the advertisers on our website (who could be located outside the UK/EEA). Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
- For the purpose of providing you with the consignment services, we may have to disclose some of your information to the providers of the services making up your consignment (who could be located outside the UK/EEA). We may also have to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing, or other services.
- We may need to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
- We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
- We may pass your details to other parties who offer goods or services which we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to have your details passed on in this way, you may ask us in writing not to do so. Please note, if you are a new customer we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
Storing your personal data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
What can I do?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us at Luggage Mule of Stadium Works, Dogford Road, Royton, OL2 6UA or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge an administration fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your arrangements.
Information collected by Third Parties
In addition to information collected by ourselves we may also receive data that has been collected by third parties, which would be added to the previous information held by ourselves and handled / stored in accordance with this Policy
Please note that in order for us to provide you with optimum service, we use ‘Cookies’ on our website.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Two types of cookies are used on this web site - session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Cookies allow us to obtain information regarding users of our site which essentially helps us to provide you with a better user experience and tailor our services to your individual needs. We may collect information such as your IP address, online activity, web browser details and online activity. We will not however collect or store any of your passwords or other highly sensitive data.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Category 3: functionality cookies
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Category 4: targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Protecting your information
We take website security very seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. We take a number of administrative and technical steps to ensure the security of the information you provide to us.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
Updates and Changes
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.
Updated: April 2016